Why are we here?

A blog about Hispanic-Anglo culture, Border events, history and biography.

As the great journalist Jorge Ramos once commented, we live in parallel columns. So close but so separate. We want to build a few bridges.

Monday, February 12, 2018

One of Jesika's Heroes -- Ricardo Montalban

One of our heroes, Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino, KSG (why do these guys have such long freakin' formal names?) discusses the public image of Mexico compared to various other Latino countries.


6 comments:

  1. Well, maybe you're a heathen, I don't know, but KSG means the Pontifical Order of Saint Gregory the Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ricardo Montalban received that award at my own Parish Church, Saint Frances de Sales in Sherman Oaks, CA Such an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anon 1 & 2
    Thank you! I'll post a picture of the KSG later today.
    Respectfully,
    Jesika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow here's something else nobody knows about. Connie Stevens got married in that same church. Not sure what the deal was, because she was already divorced, but I think she married a guy named James Stacy but then they got divorced too. I remember all this because I am an old Valley Girl. Anyway, thanks for writing about Saint Frances de Sales Church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anon from Feb 12. I decided I don't feel like posting a pic of the KSG award.
    Sorry.
    Jesika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anon from Feb 12. I decided I don't feel like posting a pic of the KSG award.
    Sorry.
    Jesika

    ReplyDelete